Saturday, June 13, 2009

An elegy for the Sunday Night Crew

As you all know, I am turning seventeen on Friday.
I have work tomorrow on Sunday, which has been the norm for more than a year now.
And for this past year and a bit it has been the same three people rostered on a Sunday night. Andrew, Brittany and myself. Many memories and good times have been shared on these nights at work, it's hard to imagine that working at McDonalds could be this fun. Well when you're rostered with the same people for more than a year, your shifts get extremely fun.

But now this isn't the case. Brittany has already fallen victim to the 'Too old for double wage Sunday' a month ago, and it is now soon to be my turn. This means poor little 15 going on 16 year old Andrew will have to make new memories and good times with new, less experienced 14 year old cheap labour. And we all know that won't compare to the standard of fun myself or Britt would provide on a Sunday night. This is a reflection of the times spent in the company of Andrew and Brittany. You will never be forgotten <3

-> The first time Andrew and I ever met. It was one of his first ever shifts at McDonalds, we assume the 21st of November 2007. Anyway all I remember is thinking "Why is there a dude working in front area" and also being depressed that day because of Daprossi, so without further ado.. I let out my issues on Andrew. Why? Because he's the new kid and I was one year his senior, he couldn't do anything but listen. And listen he did, and this is how we developed our strong bond xD
ORRRRRRRRRR as Andrew put it..
a и d y w i l l i a m Berrara` My Culture Yeah, keep talking, your making me famous 2540 Rep says:
ur like blah blah blah im depressed abt daprossi im like
ummm hi im andrew and u are...LOL


-> From that day on, we got rostered together alot. So on would go our little bitch session. Andrew has put up with many of my issues throughout the ages, stemming from Daprossi to .. yeah, we all know. LOL!

-> Not only did he share my sadness, but also my spastic natured happiness. From times certain people would come in, to certain events involving the number sixteen.

-> Ahh yes, Cupcake and Apple Pie. Who can forget our work eye candy LOL

-> "Oh, and an apple pie."
"Fuck off, she's mine!" AHAHAHAHAHA CLASSIC

-> The time Andrew kept spinning the walk in bell and it fell off AHAHA

-> Locking Andrew into the walk in x)

-> Then along came Brittany. At first she was one of Joanna's friends who I knew, then she became a sicko x)

-> Many dud moments that Britt would do. Such as hour breaks just to piss Andrew off because she knew he wanted to have his break LOL

-> Britt naming William 'Bike boy'. Whenever he would be coming she'd yell out BIKE BOY IS COMING ahahahaha or when we see each other at work she'd ask "So how's Bike boy" LOLOL

-> Many times certain people would go though Drive Thru, and those two would witness me going spastic

-> "You know you love it"
"I know you miss me"
"Don't miss me too much"
"Fine don't say hi"
Dialogue we used to hear every shift we worked, since certain people would visit every day

-> Andrew the jukebox. No joke he knows all the lyrics to all the songs on the radio, and would always sing along.

-> Many times we would bitch about shit customers, and yell at shit customers. Like that time those cheap bogans came in, and me and Britt full told them off AHAHAHA
"How pathetic are you stealing from charity!"
"Pfft it only goes to Maccas anyway"
"NO YOU DICKHEAD IT GOES TO FUCKING SICK KIDS AT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE YOU SICK FUCK"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-> Another dud Britt moment; "Who asked you?" "SHUTUP I ASKED HER" HAHAHAHA

-> Ahh many inside jokes, such as the gangas, and Andy the bogan and me the wog.... then there's Britt the lad, Andrew the chav and me the scene.. LOL

-> Having 'if you seek Andrew/Ivana' random outbursts followed by 'COS SHE/HES A GANGA'

-> Every shift, fighting about who is ordertaking. Usually ends up being me, unless somebody else happens to work too, then by the power of peer pressure and 3, we make them do it lol.

-> Me going all spastic because somebody had walked into Maccas, Mel told me to go mop the floors.. so I ran the mop bucket into the counter and spilt the water all over the floor AHAHAHAHA and full pissed myself and ran around.. and got a customer complaint LOL

-> That time I served a girl who looked VERY SUSPICIOUS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, and Britt knew what I ment cos we just stared at her the whole time LOL

-> Times looking through Andy's phone while he's on his break.. and finding pics of his now ex posing practically nude LOLOL and going OOOOOOOOO

-> The epic tight squeezy hugs Andrew gives!

-> Our enthusiasm when any of us three see each other.. D: NAW MAN I'LL MISS YOU GUYS

-> Our signature foods. Andrew's: Snackwraps without lettuce extra sauce, and oreo mcflurries. Britt's: Cheeseburgers with meat and cheese only. Mine: McFeasts without pickles

-> BRITT'S BLOG GAVE ME MORE SHIT.. like when they'd tease me cos I wasn't invited to Ebony's party =[

-> AND BRITT SAYING HI MUM TO MY MUM IN CROATIAN LOLOLOL

-> Oh and spotting that good old fluro singlet from miles away in the BP and going spastic and hysterical and Britt was like "Wtf?" LOL hahaha

-> Me and Andy remembered this tonight; Leanne's mini brush which she wouldn't let any of us touch

-> Copying Andrew's answers in the crew trainer meeting LOL

-> My funny dirties.. AHAHAH

-> Eating chips and nuggets in the camera black spot x)

-> Britt and Andrew mistook mine and my mums normal conversation as us being angry at each other LOL

So as you can tell, we are a tight family. Now being separated due to corporate bureaucracy.. fucking cockhead cheap Maccas. Perhaps we can all be shifted to another day.. and if so, then things won't be as bad. But, Sunday nights will always imprint as a special time in my mind. It is a tradition which has now been slowly broken.

R.I.P. Sunday night crew

0 comments: