Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scales of justice


A trip to the Downing Centre is worthwhile.
I loved every aspect, the beautiful crystal chandelier, the spiral staircase, the court rooms.
It re-sparked my ambitions, and cleared all doubt I ever had in myself.
I know now, one day I am going to spend the hours of my day there, not as a member of the public.

The different styles that lawyers adopt was fun to observe. Some know their case well and can argue so convincingly, while others seemed like they had no idea what time of day it was.
Same goes with judges, while some paid attention, others looked like they haven't slept in days.

The cases I observed were really interesting. The first was at the district court, a Cambodian lady from Cabramatta (I found that funny lol) accused of smuggling heroin into the country. Not to turn this into a Legal Studies essay, but considering the actual incident took place in 2007, and it's being heard in 2009, uhh.. lag much? (I wouldn't actually say that in an essay, but you get me.) The second was in the local court, a domestic violence/sexual assault. I think this was heard in the local court because the districts were full, offences like that aren't usually for local. This was really interesting, but just when the wife was about to go into the details of a 'rape', the prosecutor opens her big mouth. "I know this is a local court and it's an open court, but I've noticed some school students inside. Do you really think they should be here?" to which the judge owned her saying "Well they're teenagers, don't you think they're old enough to stay and handle the details". But we still got kicked out for the sake of the victim, god damn it! We heard some AVO's inbetween, which was pretty quick. Then the final case was a soccer fan accused of bashing a security guard at a.. wait for it, Sydney United soccer game LOL. They played footage of the incident, and you can just hear nationalistic Croatians screaming FUCK ALLAH and SUCK MY DICK LEBS in Croatian. Oh I was so ashamed lol. The defendants' lawyer was a real asshole to the witness (the security guard), kept interrupting him and saying he wasn't answering his questions properly (when in my opinion I think he was).

Oh how interesting the law and justice is.

Much to Benita's disappointment, my sternum didn't show up on the metal detector. She was really hoping I would beep and be pulled aside and questioned and have to show evidence of the culprit of the beeping.. unlucky.

Overall it was a good day. Filled with card games, boob discussions, walking around the city, caramel lattes, oh and of course, the court cases.

OHH and that hot lawyer. If I was older, I would have so hit on him. Good looks, brains and money to prove it, what more could a girl want? *sigh* I envy whoever his girlfriend is.. unless he was gay, god I hope not. That would be a massive waste of male. LOL

So last night I got bored, and Zac was talking about how his videos have gotten much more views lately. So I decided to watch a video again, and pause randomly. It seemed that when I did pause, it would be on the most funniest face. So I decided to create.. the Zac Zanetic Collection. This will feature in the graduation ceremony powerpoint, I hope LOL.
Have you ever noticed how all the good guys are homosexual? You meet somebody who is sweet, nice and easy to talk to, not to mention GORGEOUS, and you get all psyched. Until he starts talking about his sexuality and guy problems. That's when you just think "Another waste". Guys are running short anyway, so why do they have to convert to each other?! THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD GIRLS IN THE WORLD WHO WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HAVE YOU!!!!!

Before I sign off, the New Moon poster RIPS on the Twilight poster.
It captures Jacob and Edward's profound hate for each other in such a good way.
And the positioning of Bella.. gosh it just screams "FUCK YOU EDWARD, LOOK WHAT I GOT!"
Not to sound like a massive Twilight fan, but Taylor Lautner is fucking gorgeous, so I can't wait for New Moon to be released. Eye candyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Over and outskiesssssss !

0 comments: