Thursday, May 14, 2009

Square eyes

I've been staring at this computer screen for far too long.
I've had my Society and Culture work open for four hours, and I've probably only managed to add a couple of lines to my speech. This one dot point of the speech has stumbled me and I have no idea how to address it, or if I'm doing it right. So my solution has been to practically do nothing these past hours. Gah.
I only have tomorrow night, and all day Sunday to finish everything.
Not to mention practice my English speech.
*sigh* HSC is a life killer.

It's interesting to note, however, how people react to the sudden increase in work that the HSC year brings. Some are smart enough to have developed a good study plan (and to stick buy it), some just procrastinate like no tomorrow (just as I am right now by writing up this blog), but most just whinge and complain about their work load. Which is fun, but it won't do the work for you. It's fun to listen to the complaints of others, you finally start to feel sympathetic and you understand just how heavy the work load really is. When I heard a Yr 12 student complain while I was in Yr 11, I would dismiss it thinking 'I won't have to worry about that, yet'. I hate how time travels too quickly, and before you know it, you are that student complaining about that work load. The worst thing anyone could also do is go on the opposite side of the spectrum and say HSC is easy. A couple of Ex-12ers have already preached just how insignificant the HSC will seem once you hit Uni. That may be all true, but I don't care about Uni just yet. I care about what I am doing now, and if it's the HSC, then yeah I am going to think that it's a big work load. I think it's only safe to think like that when you're in Year 10 and you know you're going onto Year 11. Only because it's blatantly obvious that the SC means nothing once you start working towards the HSC.

This increase in work load isn't good for our health. I can envision many late nights and possible all nighters coming up, and this stress isn't helping my nerves either. You know it's bad when you can't recall the last time you've been wholly relaxed. It's times like these where we need just one simple getaway from it all, just let it all go and have a good time. This came to me on Wednesday night. Though I had a Studies of Religion seminar with several schoolmates that went from the end of school till about 6:30, and didn't get home until 7:15, I still managed to cram in one more thing. James' Multimedia major filming. Though I saw this as a major distraction to my assessments, I'm glad I ended up doing it anyway, since it was a good de-stressed (even if it was for one night). Jen breaking the curtain, my mum skitzing it, driving around like loons (as usual), me breaking Jen's desk, the many filming bloopers and many jokes which were made. All this came as good comic relief to my busy life. If more nights like this can happen, just a couple of mates doing nothing special and still managing to have a good time, then I guess I can pull through this major challenge in my life.

I should probably go shower, before my eyes turn completely square.
I still need to do a Modern essay which is due tomorrow.. eugh.
But, on a lighter note, BMTH is in two days :) Yay!

Out and over (o_O)

0 comments: